Tax Shelter Annuities - 403(b) and Deferred Compensation Plans - 457 (b)
- PREFERRED VENDORS LIST for 403(b), Roth 403 (b) and 457 (b)
- What is a 403(b)?
- What is a Roth 403(B)?
- What is a 457(b) ?
- 403b Hardship Process
- Vendor Loan Supplement
At its meeting of September 13, 2004 the Board of Trustees approved a deferred compensation plan under Section 457 of the Internal Revenue Code. The new 457 plan will complement the current 403(b) plan.
The District has chosen VALIC and Employee Benefits Services Group (EBSG) to provide 457 retirement plan products to the employees.
The 457 Program would allow employees to defer $18,000.00 for the calendar year 2017 in addition to the $18,000.00 permitted under the 403(b) plan for a combined maximum of $36,000.00 for year 2017 (with amounts scheduled to increase annually). In addition, there are age-based and retirement catch-up contributions, if qualified. For detailed information on 457 plan, click What is a 457 ?
For additional details, you may contact Luisa Herrera (650-949-6263) or Lena Nguyen (650-949-6257)
Other Links, Letters and Historical Events:
- http://www.403bcompare.com/ The 403bCompare Web site is a bank of free objective information about 403(b) vendors and the products they offer.
- http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4484.pdf- Pub. 4484, Choose a retirement plan for employees of tax-exempt and government entities (schools, hospitals, churches, charities.
- http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p571.pdf- IRS Publication 571 - Tax Sheltered Annuity Programs for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax Exempt Organizations.
- http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p575.pdf - IRS Publication 575 - Pension and Annuity Income
- http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p590.pdf - IRS Publication 590 -Individual Retirement Arrangements
- http://www.irs.gov/retirement/article/0,,id=172437,00.html- IRC 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plans