Business: Payroll Hot Topics



Electronic W-2 Consent

Foothill-De Anza Community College District is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to furnish all employees with Form W-2 each calendar year for compensation received. Form W-2 is used to file annual income tax returns with federal, state and local agencies. This form details the employee's compensation and tax withholding amounts for the calendar year, January 1 to December 31.

Starting with 2011 Form W-2, the District is now seeking for its active employees' consent to receive Form W-2 in an electronic format through the District's Portal at: Annually, the District will notify you via email when your Electronic Form W-2 is available (usually by mid-January). Once consent is provided, the active employee will no longer receive the paper Form W2 via U.S. Postal Service. This option will be valid for all subsequent tax years unless you terminate employment or revoke the consent. The IRS regulations require that employees give their consent to receive Form W-2 in an electronic format. Without the consent, the District is required to provide employees with paper Form W-2s by January 31st of the following calendar year for each tax year that compensation was received. Form W-2s are to be mailed to the permanent mailing address on record. To ensure timely delivery of W-2 to your most current address, please be sure to update your new address within 10 business days if you experience a change of address.

To initiate the electronic W-2 consent, please follow these simple steps: Logon to FHDA Portal:

  1. Enter your Campus Wide ID CWID and password
  2. Select Login
  3. Select Employee tab
  4. Select Employee Services Main menu
  5. Select Tax Forms
  6. Select Electronic W-2 Consent
  7. Read the content of the consent statement, if agreed
  8. Click on the box under "My Choice" to the right of "Consent to receive W-2 electronically"
  9. Hit Submit to complete the process.
  10. Confirmation will display on page and an email confirmation will also follow.

This consent process only takes a few minutes and does not need to be repeated every calendar year.

This consent for electronic W-2 will be automatically revoked upon separation from the district. To revoke a prior consent and to receive the paper Form W-2 for the current tax year, you need to revoke your consent on or before the 31st of December of the W-2 tax year.

Disclosure NoticeEmployees who consent to receiving the Form W-2 electronically by December 31 will not receive a paper Form W-2 beginning with said tax year. An Adobe Reader application is required to download an online W-2 form. To continue to receive a paper copy Form W-2 via U.S. Postal Services annually, no action is required.

Payroll and Human Resources

The Payroll department works closely with the Human Resources department to resolve problems with paychecks. For problems relating to an incorrect paycheck or missing paycheck, the employee should contact the appropriate Payroll Technician. If you are attempting to establish pay for a new employee or a new assignment, please contact Human Resources or Campus Personnel Services directly. For student payroll problems the supervisor should contact the Financial Aid Office. Click here to find the Payroll Staff Contacts.

Final Pay, Resignation, Termination, Retirement or Death

Contact Human Resources immediately for instructions. All terminations must be reviewed with Human Resources prior to the actual termination date in order to assure timely distribution of final pay.

W-2 Form Issuance

Without e-W2 consent, each year W-2 Form are mailed to the employee's home address by January 31st. Starting with calendar year 2008 W2, employee may download a copy from MyPortal within Employee Web Services channel to access menu. For prior employee, Click here Reissue W 2 request .

Special Note:

Payroll Services cannot advise or consult employees regarding tax shelters or which withholding exemptions and allowances. Please see your personal accountant or tax specialist for advice.